Friday, June 9, 2017

Here is no Exposition

This is not a great reproduction of a painting I sold 11 years ago through an exhibition in Limerick city, but it's the only one I have of it. It's in the US, I'm told, but that's all I know. 




I think I will be doing more of these again, random people set against a backdrop of random people. I keep finding old sketches and snapshots I've taken, all lovely little surprises. Sometimes hoarding is GOOD.

I did the necessary repair work on the paintings I'm bringing to Dublin for the exhibition in the In-Spire Gallery on 56 Lower Gardiner Street and will be packing them later on, and am bringing them to Dublin early tomorrow. Dino Notaro the curator has given me an extension for a few more days, so it will continue until the 25 of June, instead of finishing on the 22nd, which is nice. Am thinking of a little afternoon goodbye party with things for kids to do too, as the weather might not be conducive to afternoon walks on the beach. (If one could only harness the weather ...)

It was kind of exciting taking the works out and looking at them again, I'm taking several of my larger ones, all of my framed larger ones, and my slightly smaller ones, and my watercolour drawings. All told about half of my total of oil paintings will be included in the exhibition. And I'll be there myself for a few of the days, please contact the gallery itself (they are on Facebook and Twitter) to find out when exactly.

And while the section of the room is clear of paintings, I will be painting the walls and cleaning the room generally. So much work on paper .... I really think it's time to offer them for sale unframed. Hm. Much cheaper to buy, actually. Postage will be comparatively nothing .... except for the nudes. Those are big. Almost life-size.

Right. Better go and plant out my courgettes. 

No comments: