Friday, March 24, 2017

More playing with Photoshop: Castle at Ballybunion

Not everything works in black & white, but here's one I rather like, taken when we were last in Ballybunion. That was such a beautiful day.





And of course I have a colour version of the same shot: 


Clear blue sky, if I didn't know the peculiarities of the weather in this country, I would think it was taken in summer and not the middle of winter. In the second shot in particular, it felt like I was looking at the castle from across a river, and there's a suggestion of a romantic other-worldliness in the reflection, I wonder are there any local stories about this castle built on the tiny little outcrop of rock in the middle of the water, or the sand, depending on the tide. If the walls could talk!

Edit: Both of these shots are getting a lot of love over on Flickr.com, especially the coloured version. Follow to link to see more of my photos, drawings and paintings!  

No comments: