Friday, October 14, 2016

Instagram, and a photo from 2014

A few weeks ago I started an Instagram account, and while it's fun, it's nowhere near as good as taking a photo with a proper camera, that you can edit.

My other half DigitalDolf thinks I should start taking photos as RAW files instead of JPG files because RAW files hold more visual information which makes for better images in the long run. He has a point, as anyone who has viewed his WordPress account will agree.

But in order to use Instagram, you need to be online all the time to shoot, edit and upload. It's great in many ways, but sometimes you might accidentally shoot and upload something first and regret it later .... while instant and online and globally shareable have their merits, there are times when it's wise to sit and wait.

And I haven't uploaded all the photos on my phone to Instagram, I will be keeping a few to use to make paintings. Am redisovering landscape ... and ways of using technology to make images.

Now all I need to do is find out how to replace the particular print head on my printer. Sigh.

Feel free to follow me on instagram.


The Skelligs in the Distance from Valentia Island, 2014

No comments: