Saturday, July 30, 2016

Crossed arms in Abbeyfeale, 2002


I think this was when the Fleadh Cheoil na hEireann (national festival of Irish traditional music) was in Abbeyfeale, which is not far from where I live. And I did enjoy sketching people, but it's hard to get into it again .... I'd like to get them sitting outside, cross-legged, or lying, or doing something other than sitting or standing. I've got some good ones of people reading, or texting, or watching something very fixedly. However, there are situations when drawing like this would be inappropriate, I did consider bringing my sketchpad into a church and doing people in there, but somehow that doesn't sit well with me, especially if it's a funeral. Actually, a funeral would be .... WAY out of line. So no.

But that the time I was doing loads of these sketches, I was using a bound sketch pad and not watercolour paper, as I have been using more recently, so I can't really go working on the original sketches anymore. But I can copy them, and transfer them. Hm. And I do have LOTS of these. With lots of pencil activity going on there - I was working FAST. I would have completed a sketch like this in about 7 minutes. 

No comments: