Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year!

In brief:

Good things about 2015: 

1) I got to know the people who run Gallery Revival in Moneygall, and now exhibit with them occasionally. They are on both Facebook and Twitter, if anyone is interested in following them.

2) I also got to know Rosaleen of Quay Arts in Killaloe, who is very keen to exhibit my paintings, and has a seriously large space in which to do it.

Bad things about 2015:

1) Losing my dear friend John McNamara to cancer in April. Still missed by many, but I like to think of him in HIS heaven, which would be comfortable on his sofa in his beautiful living room, watching all those he's loved and left through his television, with occasional visits from those who passed before him, and as many delicious chocolate eclairs and delicious things he loved to eat as he wants. He was the kindest and most generous of friends, and would not like me going on about him too long, so I will leave off talking about how I miss him and instead talk about I envisage for my 2016.




I have been thinking of a way of linking my different subject matters together in one exhibition, and again I come back to the idea of a book of my own. As I am the artist of all these works, I'm the common denominator, but I need a way to link them. Otherwise viewers don't connect this:



with something like this:


or this:


because they are all rather different.

So I have come back to the notion of a book. Because I read a lot, I have so many favourite passages from great works of literature, and of course my favourite ones involve interaction between people and vivid descriptions of, well, anything, but landscape always resonates.

I might also need to get some older paintings off the canvas stretchers and into nice frames. So we shall see.

In the meantime, may you have a happy, healthy and prosperous 2016, wherever you are.


No comments: