Friday, March 28, 2014

Quote from Georgia O'Keeffe and Jeans

A couple of years ago I was messing around with things, as you do, and then I just put the experiments away - let's not get into the clutter issues of that right now please - and then I was sorting out paintings again and found them, most of which I now think are execrable, but I kind of like this one.

Georgia O'Keeffe Quote and Jeans, 2011, mixed media and collage.


Experimentation is important. Yes, most of what you produce in experimentation is rubbish, but this is part of the process. You can always recycle what you find doesn't work. At the time I was playing with bits of old clothes, styrofoam, and quotations. And glue and paint. On MDF board. Come to think of it, I've had quite a bit of success with experiments on MDF board. Hm. 

What else have I been doing? Experimenting with writing. Stream of consciousness stuff. It's been kind of fun. Seems to be becoming a journey. I set myself one rule: I write until I have one thousand words written - and that's not actually very difficult. When I have one hundred times one thousand words, I'm going to set up another blog and post one of those texts up per week. You all can then read just how bonkers creative I am. It's going to be a while though. But a narrative has emerged. I will aim to be finished with it for Hallowe'en. Or even before. 

In the meantime, enjoy the visual. 



No comments: