Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Photograph: Farm Laneway



A photograph I took of a farm laneway about half a mile away from my house.

I suppose photography suits the Irish landscape better than painting if your objective is actually recording the light before the rain sets in. I think it had been raining here 10 minutes beforehand, wouldn't surprise me, the weather in Ireland being what it is.

But would I work this into a painting? Probably not. I don't feel the need to reproduce exact image this in a paint medium, but I might take small elements from it and work them into something else in time. But as an exercise in contrasting colours, it might be fun to take the colours in the sky and work them through the rest to see what you end up with.

I say now probably not, but don't hold me to it. The more I look at it, the more I think hm ....

Watch this space. 

No comments: