Thursday, January 24, 2013

Portrait studies of two musician friends

I love going through old portfolios, it's one of the dangers of tidying rooms out :-). I was going through an old one I'd forgotten about and I came across these two portrait studies from 2002.

Ger playing the guitar, pencil drawing, 2002

Mike playing the fiddle, pencil drawing, 2002

These gentlemen are in fact musicians and play in sessions in a small town in County Limerick every Friday night. They liked the trad music, but I think were old R'n'B at heart ... Good times.

I will probably bring these drawings to the place where they would like to play, and see if the owner would like them.

I did a lot of sketches of musicians in pencil and biro in sketchbooks, which was fun for a while, and challenging.

No comments: