Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Two photographs I took early in the morning

Not being what you'd call a technical whizzkid, I need time to come to terms with the gadgets at my disposal, so I'm getting to grips slowly but surely with my Nikon, and with a hint of PhotoShop, because, well, why not. It's there.



This one is a view of the very early morning sky from the back of my house, and I think that you will appreciate it more if you click on it to enlarge it. They say 'red sky in the morning, shepherd's warning', and there's no red here, so it was possibly a good day weather-wise later on - for the life of me I can't remember. I could have cropped, but didn't want to.


This was taken a couple of weeks later, also in my back garden - the pole in the ditch is the same pole in both photos - and again slightly doctored. I loaded this up onto the TV3 weather photographs page but I haven't seen it up there yet. I love gossamer spider webs in the early morning, so pretty. Wrecked old bird table though. I should really replace it. Ah well.

The top one I might work into a painting, but the bottom one is the thing. You do need to know when to stop.  

No comments: