Friday, September 14, 2012

A busy enough week

Lots on this week that I'm involved in.

First up, the 11th Roches Street Art Festival in Limerick City. I love this idea, the traders of this busy Limerick city centre street got together to hold an art festival to raise funds, and exhibit the works in the shops and shop window. 25% of the money earned from the works sold goes to Headway, the brain injury charity, and to the Milford Hospice. My paintings (landscapes all) are in Electrical Rewind and Universe of Nails.

The other thing I'm doing this week is take part in showing art on the railings of the Peoples Park in Limerick city, which is organised by the No. 1 Pery Square Hotel and Brasserie, and takes place on Sunday 16th of September from 10 am to 2 pm. I'm hoping it won't rain ... I'll probably bring 8 to 10 of the people paintings because the landscapes are in Roches Street and will hopefully help out the charities there. The people paintings tend to generate conversations, which I enjoy, and possibly some sales also. 

No comments: