Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Pencil sketch of a girl in profile


I was in Florence, Italy, when I did this on the Piazza Della Signora, as I recall I was chatting with another charming lady from ... one of the countries of South America and her son who was studying in Italy and they were travelling around. I can't really remember where she said she was from, might have been Mexico. Nevertheless, I think this sketch took less than 10 minutes, the subject got up to move on through the city.

 I'm not tempted to add colour to this, I think it's fine the way it is. I didn't have a lot of time to do much while she was there, and I added the cross-hatching on the cheek after she had moved away and left it. I liked her very strong profile, her features. She was possibly another tourist.

No comments: