Thursday, August 2, 2012

Part of the push through: doing something outside of your comfort zone.

So yesterday I made a start on the push through, just to experiment with something. I wanted to see how I would do with carbon paper.

So got me some paper clips, the image I wanted to transfer and the paper I wanted to transfer it on to ....


And I got a biro and got to work, and the first check was exciting ...


... and as those were fiddly lines, I should at this juncture point out that a) this is the leaving of the comfort zone for this one that likes doing big oil paints with loose brush strokes and b) it took fecking forever .... but here was what I ended up with:


I was very pleased as I've wanted to work with this particular image for ages, it's a photo of the hedgerow on the road where I live, taken in autumn when the ash is regrowing.

And then I got a very fine brush and some Indian ink and spent another twitchy hour being fiddly, but the result is very dramatic:


Bit smudged in places, and the ink needs to dry in this photo, but I will scan it properly after I clean off the smudges and add it to the collection. Want to do more like this. Might put them together in a handmade book ...  hmm.





2 comments:

Mladen said...

Oh wow, that's cool!

Mladen said...

Oh wow, that's cool!