Thursday, August 9, 2012

Paddy's Day, Limerick city

Paddy's Day Parade, Limerick City, 41x41 cm, oil on canvas.


I love the movement of crowds, the dynamic between people, and all the colour and conversations you overhear. I haven't looked at this painting in a while, not since I did more work on it a few months ago. Nice contrasts!

This was St Patrick's Day, or Paddy's Day, in Limerick city. It was one of those rare sunny days, everyone was delighted, there were even a few brave people in summer clothes - mad! I remember this particular parade had lots of floats advertising local businesses, and was disappointed that there weren't any wild and colourful costumes and cool stuff like that. Sponsorship .... or lack thereof, I suppose. The building in the background in the Arthur's Quay shopping centre.


No comments: