Monday, April 11, 2011

The joys of being sick ....

It's so fricking annoying when you get a seriously bad cold/borderline 'flu in good weather. You can't do anything - I wanted to work in my garden and on paintings for the next solo exhibition in May, but I just couldn't, I was too knackered from coughing so much that I couldn't sleep. But thankfully I'm feeling well enough to do some text work, and hopefully I'll feel up to doing some painting tomorrow, and maybe some weeding too.

That's the trouble with good weather - everything grows like mad, and you have to really keep up with the weeds or the bloody things will take over.

So nothing interesting to report today. What image? Let's see ....



This is an oil pastel drawing from 10 years ago, it's called Ballyquin Farmyard, and is hanging in my mother's house. The actual piece looks much nicer, I don't think it's possible to capture the vivid colours in oil pastel drawings very well.

The actual farmyard is near the town of Newcastle West, County Limerick.

4 comments:

हरीश सिंह said...

बहुत अच्छी पोस्ट, शुभकामना, मैं सभी धर्मो को सम्मान देता हूँ, जिस तरह मुसलमान अपने धर्म के प्रति समर्पित है, उसी तरह हिन्दू भी समर्पित है. यदि समाज में प्रेम,आपसी सौहार्द और समरसता लानी है तो सभी के भावनाओ का सम्मान करना होगा.
यहाँ भी आये. और अपने विचार अवश्य व्यक्त करें ताकि धार्मिक विवादों पर अंकुश लगाया जा सके., हो सके तो फालोवर बनकर हमारा हौसला भी बढ़ाएं.
मुस्लिम ब्लोगर यह बताएं क्या यह पोस्ट हिन्दुओ के भावनाओ पर कुठाराघात नहीं करती.

Orla Clancy said...

I decided to allow this comment after reading what it says using Google Translate. For any of you who may be curious, this beautiful ornate-looking language is Hindi.

Lina-Paola said...

At first glance, I thought this was an oil painting! Its really good, I like the feel of it, I think you should try incorporating oil pastels more into your work.... Give it a try! :)

Lina-Paola said...

I really like the feel of this piece, you should definitely try oil pastels more! You made this piece more interesting to look at, since its a landscape...