Thursday, February 17, 2011

Wow!!!

Absolutely thrilled to report that I have had nearly 5000 unique visitors to my blog, and have 31 followers. This is a huge jump since the start of this year!

If you have shared the link with friends, thank you so much. And please keep on sharing ....

I'm painting up some lovely sketches I did on watercolour paper in Paris last September, and will put a few of those up in celebration. Can't help thinking of them as 21st-Century Impressionism!!!! Especially in consideration of Renoir and Degas.

I've also heard back from the Art Library in New York, the sketchbook has been received and will be going on tour in the US - yay! I wonder if there is such a project in Ireland, if not, what a pity - maybe there should be. Hm.

And have the most brilliant idea for a painting .... and a nice largeish canvas to do it on.

Orla is a happy camper today, despite not having sold any art for months.

2 comments:

Kay said...

That is exciting..isn't nice to be happy? I think I am today too since I started a new job (I talk more about that on my post). Do you know the schedule for the US tour of your sketchbook? Hopefully I can find it close by and see the show.

Orla Clancy said...

Cheers Kay! I am hoping you'll see this .... I don't have a schedule, but I do have a website link:
http://www.arthousecoop.com/projects/sketchbookproject/exhibitions?utm_source=Art+House+Co-op+List&utm_campaign=0b4f4aedcf-Sketchbook_second_reminder&utm_medium=email
which I hope is some help to you.

Thanks for your comments.