Saturday, May 29, 2010

Spraoi series, offer of a solo exhibition in Kilmallock in May 2011

So far I've done 10 or 11 of the Spraoi series, which I am pleased about. Here is another of that series:



Actually, it's the very first one of the series. And it looks much better for real. Time to get more pictures taken, I think. It's also available to view on Flickr.com: http://www.flickr.com/photos/26811601@N03/4699332011/

Plus Caoimhe Reidy of Friar's Gate Theatre and Arts Centre, Kilmallock, Count Limerick, has offered me a solo show for May of next year. This gives me 11 months to prepare work. I think I will make a whole new body of work for that, keep the Spraoi for a potential show in another part of Ireland. But it's great news, the offer of a solo show. It's been a while since I had a concrete offer of one of those. Some gallerists are .... slippery, it has to be said. Hard to pin down.

No comments: