Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Three drawings from Groningen



This is actually a very small drawing with watercolour added, done in the city of Groningen when we went back to visit last year, in a delightful café there called Het Feithuis, where they serve the best coffee in the Netherlands. And I mean coffee. Real coffee. Really.




Again, in het Feithuis ... I wasn't close enough to listen into the conversation - not that I would ever actually do that, tisk tisk - but I so enjoyed watching the body language between these two men, as one seemed not to be sure ....




And this one is called Het Nieuws Lezen, and simply means 'reading the news'. I should mention that this particular café has very comfortable armchairs so you can really enjoy your coffee and read your paper or book in comfort.

1 comment:

Kirsten Ashley said...

I like the first one best. It has a nice balance of color and line.