Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Back!

Returned from glorious Italia, where culture is a matter of course, and the sun shone so strongly that I had to stay in the shade most of the time, delicate Irish flower than I am.

Got lots of drawings, filled up nearly four watercolour pads, saw some interesting contemporary art, in Florence and San Gimignano of all places, and discovered that really good quality paper is less than half the price it is in Ireland .... sigh. But I brought some home to play with, haha.

While I was away, my show in Limerick did get some visitors, as of yet I don't know about any sales, but there is someone interesting is commissioning work from me, but I'll need to talk to him about that, see what the story is. Still waiting to hear about the thing in Dublin, but I'll phone there now.

But I'm itching to try out some ideas, and see how these work out. I'm looking around my house and thinking that I have so much stuff, and things like old jeans and t-shirts I can recycle and paint on these also .... not so much as fashion items - the best thing about fashion is that it's so over the top that it's actually funny - but as something to draw and paint on, a backdrop and a medium.

No comments: