Monday, May 19, 2008

Landscapes from a few years back ....


This is the view over the fields from the back of my house in West Limerick. I did this painting on location - en plein air, to use the posh artist phrase, which means 'outside in the open' - in the summer of 2002, and it's oil paint on paper, applied mainly with palette knife. I love where I live. This painting is simply called Ballyneale and is about 90x60 cm.

Updated 5 December 2011: This piece has now been framed and is on display in the Blueberry Gallery, Ennis Road, Limerick city along with 4 other landscape pieces of mine. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like this piece. The picture is too small here to appriciate it fully though. One can mearly wonder, why only one piece in this classical impressionistic manner (as i imagine it :)).

Yuri